Miss Alsace, Delphine Wespiser, of Kingersheim, has been crowned Miss France 2012 tonight.
More details about the Miss France 2012's Miss Alsace
- Wespiser, 19, at 1·75 m (5 ft 7½ in), is a management student with interests in eastern and flamenco dancing, and enjoys painting.
- The redhead was crowned at the parc des expositions de Penfeld in Brest, ultimately chosen by a live television audience on TF1.
- She was chosen after the ﬁnal ﬁve were identiﬁed by a panel of judges, led by veteran actor Alain Delon.
- Wespiser succeeds Laury Thilleman and is the 65th Miss France.
- Her ﬁrst words upon crowning were ‘36-37’—the number for Téléthon, urging viewers to donate.
- Miss Réunion, Marie Payet, and Miss Pays de Loire, Mathilde Couly, were second and ﬁrst runners-up respectively.
- Miss France 2012 comes just before its rival competition, now renamed Miss Prestige National, created by former Miss France director Geneviève de Fontenay.
- Miss Prestige National will be chosen on Sunday at the Casino in Divonne-les-Bains.