Friday, October 29, 2010

The Grapes of Wrath IS the American Pain

The Grapes of Wrath IS the American Pain

and Maeve Grant makes you see it, feel it even more through her wonderful multimedia profile of that wonderful masterpiece by John Steinbeck



The Profile

http://www.bookdrum.com/books/the-grapes-of-wrath/9780141185064/bookmarks.html

The Grapes of Wrath
http://www.bookdrum.com/books/the-grapes-of-wrath/9780141185064/index.html?bp=y



One of the best books I’ve read so far, featuring the worst times in America, blessed by John Steinbeck’s magical narrative and descriptive way of screaming out heartless infernal pain in silence, since when we read, we read in silence :)

I was 16, fond of internet and I never liked reading books, but with the Grapes of Wrath, it was different. I found this in my father’s bookshelves. Trust me, I’ve read it with tears in my ears in the end and I trust everyone with a heart will as well; for instance, the last paragraphs talked about a man dying of hunger and what a woman had to do to stop him from dying..



The official webmaster of bookdrum.com, Mark Negus, send me a personal email and that really touched me; so I decided to post this to my blogs. One of the Contributors at Book Drum, bookdrum.com, Maeve Grant, has created a wonderful multimedia profile of the book.

http://www.bookdrum.com/books/the-grapes-of-wrath/9780141185064/bookmarks.html

The multimedia profile on the Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck, contributed by Maeve Grant, really is impressive and contains images from all parts of America that pertains to each and every chapter of the book. From Oklahoma to Winchester rifles, she took great care in assembling the pictures, displaying them with descriptive paragraphs of what the pictures mean and, on some occasions, how it comes into play in the book. From my perspective, it’s nearly a multimedia profile combining the literature of that masterpiece, notwithstanding how she neatly classifies it by chapters. Now that IS impressively patient !!



Right now Im hot with fever and my wife’s nagging me to go to bed but hey, you call this addictive blogging ! When it comes to my blogs, it’s hard, really hard to stop me from writing something, even a line ;)

You’ve seen American Beauty? American Psycho? American Pie? Now I urge those who haven’t read this to please read it and know the real meaning of American Pain..

The Grapes of Wrath IS the American Pain
A real big thanks to Mark Negus, who is the official webmaster of bookdrum.com.
For more information please visit the website: http://www.bookdrum.com
For more information about the Grapes of Wrath, please visit the page:

http://www.bookdrum.com/books/the-grapes-of-wrath/9780141185064/index.html?bp=y

in reference to: The Grapes of Wrath - Book Drum (view on Google Sidewiki)

No comments:

Know us

Our Team

Tags

Video of the Day

Contact us

Name

Email *

Message *